So you just replaced your fireplace wall
Please follow these steps to get the most life out of your fireplace
After the wall(s) is/are installed please wait 24-36 hours before starting the curing process. Also note that it is normal for some hairline cracks to develop in the panels after a period of a few months. This does not affect their performance. Proper curing procedure is as follows:
1. Using softwood kindling and paper, build a small fire. Add 1 to 2 small hardwood logs to the fire, once the kindling begins to burn in. Keep the fire small and allow it to burn for no more than 1 hour.
2. Allow the fire to die out after the initial 1 hour burn period. Allow the panels to cool for 24 hours.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2.
4. Upon building the fire, 2 to 3 medium sized logs may be used. Do not allow the fire to burn for more than 4 hours.
5. Allow the fire to die out after the initial 4 hour burn period. Allow the panels to cool for 24 hours.
6. The panels may now be used normally.