(314) 492-4040 info@stlchimney.com

Burning dry wood can save money and protect your family’s health.  Dry wood creates a hotter fire.  Hotter fires save  wood, ultimately saving you time and money.  Wet wood can create excessive smoke which is wasted fuel.

Properly dried wood is lighter, has cracks in the grain end and sounds hollow when knocked against another piece of wood.

Moisture Meters that allow you to to test the moisture level in wood are available for less than £20. Properly dried wood should have a reading of less than 20%.

We always have a moisture meter with us, so if you would like your wood tested, please just ask when we arrive at you home to sweep your chimney.

St. Louis or St. Charles chimney sweeping